Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{Ephemeral Art} Nimbus by Berndnaut Smilde

When I was a child there was one big question I was dealing with over and over again: How does it feel like to touch a cloud? And even though I was explained that clouds are aerially and not of firm consistency, I defied to believe it. For me they remained mysterious and I was wondering on...  

With his work Nimbus Amsterdam-based artist Berndnaut Smilde enlivened that magic for me once again. With a combination of smoke, moisture and dramatic lighting he creates clouds, that exist only a few minutes physically.
"Berndnaut is fascinated by anything in between. Corridors and clouds, not yet there and not yet solid. What if a sculpture were to be nothing but thin air, smoke or scent? Would we discuss the merits of one cloud over the other or would we just shut up in awe." (projectprobe)
(via my modern met)

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...